Based on its dramatic results, the ECAP program has received five national and international awards since 2012:
- The National Academy of Engineering selected ECAP for its 2012 National Academy of Engineering's Real World Engineering Education award. ECAP was one of 29 programs selected;
- The National Association of Multicultural Engineering Program Advocated(NAMEPA) awarded ECAP its Outstanding Pre-College/Community Organization Award in 2012;
- The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) presented ECAP with two awards: 1) Overall Category Grand Gold Award for Diversity Programs in 2012, and 2) Recruitment and Retention Category Grand Gold Award;
- The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) presented ECAP with its Grand Gold Award for Recruitment and Retention (a subcategory of Diversity Programs) in 2012;
- The College Board selected ECAP as the 2013 College Board Innovation Award winner;
- ECAP was highlighted by the Global Engineering Deans Council Diversity Award, sponsored by Airbus.